Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lets talk about focus

What makes a great photo better than an okay photo? If you've got an interesting subject and a clean, clutterfree background, the most important thing is the focus. You can have the best picture in the world, but if it's out of focus you might as well trash it. I've been on a mission lately to improve my focus (in more ways than one, LOL) so I've been snapping pictures every chance I get.

Here are a few shots of my little guy who is completely focused on his favorite show "Diego."
I'm trying to get the focus to be at it's sharpest on his eyes. Please don't mind the sloppy face, drooling and healing bruises...he's a boy!

I love the concentration in his eyes in this picture. Give him a popsicle and put Diego on and I've got a captive subject for 30 minutes!

This one is my favorite of the set because the focus looks dead on (to me) and I love the side look out from behind the sippy cup.

I hope you've enjoyed watching my little guy watch TV! Hey, I've got to get my practice somewhere, right?

No comments: